Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mens Night

So last night was the inaugural "Mens Night!" I thought it would be a good idea to plan a night every two weeks where the boys and I throw down all the house rules and have some fun. Board games, putt putt, movie night...whatever we can do together. I envision when they are older they would make these men only nights something they would cherish and use the experiences with their kids. Granville liked the idea and wanted to set some rules.....no napkins and forks.
I found that cute..so even though we may scratch ourselves, mess up our clothes and occassionally burp at the table, the end result was to create a memorable experience.

So our first night did not go as planned. I met my kids on the front porch wearing matching white collared shirts and plaid shorts. Mom thought it would be cute to dress them up. I was hoping for t-shirts and flip flops. We started the night with Pizza, and ended with a game of "Mouse Trap."

So today, Granville has said he cant wait for the next Mens night! I look forward to stimulating his imagination and gaining new experiences. It does not have to be much, but we plan to bowl, ride horses, watch outdoor movies, cut wood, wash cars and cook for Mom.

Every Day Dad

No comments: